Recipe for Wake-Up-Your-Mouth Thai Cucumber Salad

Thai Cucumber Salad
This Phase One Thai Cucumber Salad is perfect as a side dish for any main dish with Asian flavors.

(For A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes, this cucumber salad with slightly spicy Thai flavors is something I'd never get tired of eating, and when I'm doing Phase One I'd especially enjoy a light salad like this with lots of flavor.  The salad has mint, which could be replaced with cilantro or even extra green onions if you prefer.)

I'm a huge fan of Thai Cuisine, known for dishes that contain a balance of spicy, sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and savory (or Umami) flavors. I love how the many flavors work together so well in this cucumber salad with a spicy Thai-inspired dressing, even if some of the ingredients I've used are not authentically Thai. This light cucumber salad is a perfect side dish for grilled meat, seafood, or tofu, but I probably eat this most often as a quick main-dish salad for a very flavorful summer lunch.

Click to continue reading