Recipe for Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw with Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes, Almonds (and Cilantro?)

Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw with Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes, Almonds
Even though I made it on a day I was out of cilantro, I loved this Crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw!

(Today's pick for A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes is this delicious Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw.  I've made this for several Denny family parties, and it's always been a hit!)

When I spotted this crunchy Napa Cabbage Asian Slaw recipe in The Sunset Cookbook, I knew I had Napa cabbage in the fridge, so I immediately started checking to see if I had the other ingredients.  I found sugar snap peas, radishes, green onions, sliced almonds, and all the dressing ingredients, but no cilantro.  It was cold outside and I didn't want to go to the store, so I thought I'd try making it without cilantro (gasp!) and all you cilantro-adverse people out there will be happy to hear that the salad was fantastic even without it.  Of course, cilantro lover that I am, I'd definitely add the cilantro if I had some on hand!

Click to continue reading