Recipe for Asian Lettuce Cups (or wraps) with Spicy Ground Turkey Filling

Lettuce wraps or lettuce cups
Spicy Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps, perfect for Phase One!

(Before we end A Month of Daily Phase One Recipes I didn't want to forget this favorite recipe for spicy ground turkey lettuce wraps.  Not only are lettuce wraps a perfect fun dish for Phase One, but this lettuce wrap recipe in particular is a big favorite of quite a few people in my family.)

I vividly remember when I first had lettuce wraps, at a Chinese restaurant in Salt Lake where a friend named Mike was hip enough to order them even though they weren't on the menu. This was about 20 years ago; now lettuce wraps are somewhat mainstream, and made with lean ground turkey like this, they make a wonderfully South South Beach Diet friendly dinner option. This dish with spicy meat eaten inside pieces of lettuce can be called lettuce wraps or lettuce cups, but I like to pile up the lettuce cup with lots of filling rather than wrapping it, so I'm calling them lettuce cups.

Click to continue reading