2012 New Years Resolution


Allrecipes.com has partnered with HealthyWomen.org to start the year with healthy recipes to keep our New Year's resolutions.  As an allrecipes allstar  we were asked to share a healthy change that we are making in 2012.  The change I'm making is I've created a list of healthy foods and I'm trying to add them to what I eat each month.  What I realized, now that January is coming to an end,  it's an effort to add all the right foods to my diet.  In red is all the food I was able to cross of my list.  Next month I'll try to add even more.  One other change I've made is that I've promised myself to exercise at least 30 minutes each day.  That's not hard for me as I'm an early riser and start my days on our treadmill watching the Ellen show (DVR).  It's a great way to start my day as Ellen makes me laugh and dance (that's not easy to do on a treadmill!)  My husband and I also got snowshoes which is a great workout on the weekends.  So far I've exercised everyday of January, only 336 days to go! Here is the list:
                                                                     
The  Healthiest Foods
Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Avocados
    Beets
    Bell peppers (red, yellow, orange & green)
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Cabbage
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Cucumbers
    Garlic
    Green beans
    Green peas
    Kale
    Leeks
    Mushrooms

    Olives
    Onions
    Potatoes
    Romaine lettuce
    Spinach
    Spring Greens
    Squash
    Sweet potatoes
    Tomatoes
    zucchini
Seafood
    Cod
    Halibut

    Shrimp

    Tuna
 Fruits
    Apples
    Apricots (dried)
    Bananas
    Blueberries
    Melon
    Cranberries
    Grapefruit

    Grapes

    Kiwifruit
    Lemon/Limes
    Oranges
    Pears
    Pineapple
    Prunes
    Raisins
    Raspberries
    Strawberries
 Eggs & Low-Fat Dairy
    Cheese
    Eggs

    Milk
    Yogurt
 Beans & Legumes
    Black beans
    Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
    Kidney beans
    Lima beans
    Navy beans
    Pinto beans
 Poultry & Lean Meats
    Beef

    Chicken/Turkey
 Nuts, Seeds & Oils
    Almonds
    Cashews
    Olive oil, extra virgin
    Peanuts

    Sesame seeds
    Sunflower seeds
    Walnuts
 Grains
    Brown rice
    Oats

    Whole wheat
Other
    Water
     Chocolate : )
 Spices:
 turmeric
 cumin
 Cayenne pepper
 Garlic
 Cilantro
 Parsley
 Oregano
 Paprika
 Curry
 Basil
 Vanilla
 Cinnamon
 Nutmeg