Spicy Mexican Slaw Recipe with Lime and Cilantro (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This Spicy Mexican Slaw is a salad I make over and over again!

Spicy Mexican Slaw with Lime and Cilantro found on KalynsKitchen.com


(Today's offering for our Month of Daily Phase One recipes is this Spicy Mexican Slaw with Lime and Cilantro that's been one of my go-to Phase One side dishes ever since I first tried it.  This slaw has been a big hit with everyone I've made it for, except people who don't like cilantro of course.  If you're not a cilantro fan, I'd still make the slaw and just leave it out.)

Don't you love it when you stumble on a recipe with such a perfect combination of ingredients that after one bite you know you'll be making it over and over again? That's just how I felt when I tasted this fabulous cabbage salad. I have in fact made it two more times in less than two weeks, and completely loved it each time. As soon as I read the recipe in Fine Cooking Annual 2008, with an ingredient list that included cabbage, cilantro, mayo, and lime I knew I'd be making it soon. I did adapt the recipe a little, and since I like my cabbage salads to stay crunchy, I completely ignored the recipe instructions to salt and drain the cabbage.

Click to continue reading