Recipe for Vegan Lentil Chili with Roasted Red Peppers, Olives, and Green Onion

This Vegan Lentil Chili has both brown and red lentils, and it's loaded with flavor.

I have to admit I am enjoying the challenge of coming up with a meatless recipe every Sunday so it's ready on the blog for Meatless Monday, even when it's a Month of Daily Phase One recipes, which makes finding those vegetarian recipes a bit more challenging.  Luckily dried beans and lentils are approved for phase one, and this Vegan Lentil Chili was so flavorful that I think it's a perfect Meatless Monday recipe idea.  I love all things lentil, and couldn't resist adding some red lentils along with the regular brown lentils this recipe started out with.  I also added roasted red peppers and sliced olives for a little more flavor, and used canned vegetable broth as the base of the chili. This was delicious as-is, but if you like tart flavors I think a generous squeeze of lime juice would really be good.

Click to continue reading