Recipe for Vegetarian Mushroom Stew with Red Bell Pepper, Onion, and Paprika

This Mushroom Stew is a great vegetarian Phase One recipe for Meatless Monday.

We're nearly half-way through the Month of Daily Phase One recipes!  I know Phase One can be challenging for vegetarians, so I'm feeling happy about this delicious Vegetarian Mushroom Stew with Red Bell Pepper, Onion, and Paprika.  I'm not sure if I should be calling it a stew, because it's not really stewed.  Actually all the veggies are sauteed separately at relatively high heat, and then some paprika and sour cream is stirred in at the end, but the finished dish feels like a stew to me, so that's the name I'm going with.  This recipe can also be served over noodles or rice if you're not eating it for Phase One, in which case I would cut the red peppers and onions a bit smaller.

Click to continue reading