Grilled Asian Beef Kebabs



My husband has the worst memory ever.  Seriously, ever.  He has almost no memories from his childhood and not because it was horrible and painful, but because he can't remember ANYTHING.  If you asked him what he did two nights ago he couldn't tell you. Although, once in a blue moon, he'll surprise me and recall some weird detail or some meal I made for him years ago.  Over the six and a half years my husband and I have been married, I've cooked probably thousands of recipes, and when I mentioned to him "Do you remember these Grilled Asian Beef Kebabs?  What should I say about them?"  his eyes immediately lit up and he was like "YES I remember them.  I love those things!"

So I guess they're pretty good if even Steve remembered them and thought they were fantastic.

Recipe by Robin Miller
__________________________________________________________________________________

Serves 4

1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
¼ cup black bean sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Any skewering veggies you like – I use onions, peppers, and mushrooms, because it's a classic flavor combo with steak, cut into 1 inch chunks
Sesame seeds
Wooden skewers *(or metal ones)

Soak skewers in water for at least ½ an hour (*metal skewers don't require any soaking, and they're cheap). Combine black bean sauce, sesame oil and vinegar. Skewer cubes of meat alternating with your favorite veggies and brush on the sauce.  Preheat BBQ or grill to medium heat. Grill 5-7 minutes turning once. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and grill another 2 minutes until sesame seeds toast.

__________________________________________________________________________________

THE RESULTS?
These are ridiculously quick and simple to throw together.  The sauce is so flavorful and delicious.  Even if it's not summer time, these are worth it to make on a grill pan in the dead of winter.  They'll make you happy.

Meal Ideas:
  • Grilled Asian Beef Kebabs + Rice + Sauteed Bok Choy with Teriyaki Sauce