Chicken Breasts with Cilantro and Red Thai Curry Peanut Sauce

This is one of my favorite Phase One recipes with chicken!

(Next up for our Month of Daily Phase One recipes, this amazing and simple recipe with sauteed chicken breasts topped with a sauce flavored with cilantro, ginger, garlic, peanut butter, coconut milk, and red Thai curry paste.  This is one of my all-time favorite ways to cook chicken breasts, first posted in 2007.  The recipe has been needing new photos for a long time so it makes me very happy to be able to give it an update!)

When I featured Thai Kitchen Lite Coconut Milk for Kalyn's Kitchen Picks, along with my recipe for Thai Chicken Soup, I promised another great recipe using coconut milk, and I loved this chicken recipe with coconut milk in the sauce.  The recipe has a few key ingredients which are blended to make a creamy peanut/curry/ginger paste. When you heat the paste and mix with coconut milk and chopped cilantro, the result is a highly flavorful, fresh tasting sauce that really bumps up the flavor of whatever you serve it with.  The sauce was great on chicken, but I think you could also serve it on pork, fish, broccoli, or cauliflower. Any other ideas for using the extra sauce? Let me know in the comments.

Click to continue reading