Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos with Chiles, Cumin, Cilantro, Lime and Tomato-Avocado Salsa (Low-Carb, Can be Paleo)

These Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos are a perfect Low-Carb dinner!

Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos with Chiles, Cumin, Cilantro, Lime and Tomato-Avocado Salsa found on KalynsKitchen.com

I'm on Twitter, along with a lot of other food bloggers, but these Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos are the first time I've ever found a recipe there! Actually I'd been thinking about lettuce wrap tacos ever since I posted the recipe for the Spicy Turkey Lettuce Cups, but when I tried my usual Taco Salad meat/bean mixture in lettuce, it was just okay (I missed the Ranch dressing!) Then on Twitter I saw Marisa from Food in Jars talking about this turkey taco recipe, and when I checked the recipe, I knew it was going to be perfect.

I never manage to make a recipe exactly like it's written, so I added some green onions (and a lot more cilantro) to the turkey mixture, but believe me, these turkey tacos are a complete keeper, something you'll make over and over. What makes this story especially fun is that I recently met Marisa at SXSW, and had a great time chatting with her in person after getting to know her on online. (Hi Marisa!)

(We're doing a Month of Daily Phase One recipes for January 2012, and today I'm featuring these Turkey Lettuce Wrap Tacos from 2009 for a dinner that won't leave you feeling deprived.  You can use regular tortillas to make tacos for family members who aren't doing phase one.)

Click to continue reading