Breakfast Casserole Recipe with Spinach, Leeks, Cottage Cheese, and Goat Cheese

Breakfast Casserole with Spinach, Leeks, Cottage Cheese, and Goat Cheese
This Breakfast Casserole with Spinach, Leeks, Cottage Cheese, and Goat Cheese is a fabulous breakfast for Phase One!

(We're almost in the final week of the  Month of Daily Phase One recipes and I didn't want to miss this breakfast casserole from January 2010, which is one of my favorite breakfast casserole combinations.  It does have ingredients which some people might not have on hand, but trust me, this is worth putting a few items on your shopping list!)

I can tell there are a lot of you who are either getting started on the South Beach diet or going back to Phase One for a diet tune-up like I am, because over the weekend a lot of people were using the new Index of South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes. I'm thrilled people are finding it helpful, because I did work hard to get it ready for the new year. Whenever I'm back to Phase One, either a breakfast casserole like this or South Beach friendly Egg Muffins are my usual breakfasts. Either of those can be made on the weekend and kept in the fridge all week, ready to be heated in the microwave for an easy breakfast before work.

Click to continue reading