Recipe for West African Chicken and Peanut Stew with Chiles, Ginger, and Green Onions (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

This low-carb recipe for West African Chicken and Peanut Stew is also perfect for South Beach Phase One!

West African Chicken and Peanut Stew with Chiles, Ginger, and Green Onions found on KalynsKitchen.com

(Here's another fabulous Phase One recipe for our Month of Daily Phase One recipes.  This was first posted in January 2010, and it's so good that I'd happily eat it even when I wasn't doing Phase One.  Enjoy everyone!)
 
Maybe this only happens at my Costco, but have you noticed how those rotisserie chickens jump into your basket when you're out shopping with no dinner plans? I never have rotisserie chicken on my list, but I often come home with one. This chicken dish is perfect to make with leftover chicken, and it's wonderfully flavorful with ginger, jalapenos, and chunky peanut butter adding interest. It's also simple to make, and you can save the chicken carcass, bones, and skin (if you manage not to eat it) to make homemade chicken stock. I can tell the word is getting out about the new Index of South Beach Diet Phase One Recipes from Kalyn's Kitchen, and yes indeed, this is another Phase One recipe to add to the list.

Click to continue reading