Crunchy Chopped Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Jicama, Radishes, Tomatoes, and Green Garbanzo Beans

This deliciously healthy vegan chopped salad has sugar snap peas, radishes, jicama, tomatoes, and green garbanzo beans and a delicious cumin-lemon vinaigrette.


(For Friday Flashbacks I feature favorite recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and this Crunchy Chopped Salad with Sugar Snap Peas, Jicama, Radishes, Tomatoes, and Green Garbanzo Beans has so many of the flavors I love in salads.  This tasty salad is Vegan and also fits the bill for Phase One Fridays if you're looking for a tasty and healthy spring salad!)

It's a sign of spring when I start making big crunchy salads to eat for lunch.  My lunch salads can include just about anything that's in the fridge or on the counter, and when I come up with a combination that's especially good I'll often make it again the next day and take pictures for the blog.  I love crunchy ingredients in salad, so the crunch factor from sugar snap peas, radishes, and jicama gave this salad that extra something that made it a keeper for me.  The tomatoes and green garbanzo beans gave the salad some other textures, and I used a barely-spicy cumin-lemon vinaigrette that was perfect with the other flavors.

Click to continue reading