Fifteen Minute Salsa Verde Eggs Recipe

These Fifteen Minute Salsa Verde Eggs were a breakfast experiment that's a definite keeper.

Fifteen Minute Salsa Verde Eggs

(For Friday Flashbacks I feature favorite recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites, and these Fifteen Minute Salsa Verde Eggs were quick and easy for a delicious breakfast idea.  And this is also one of my easy Five Ingredients recipes, or only four ingredients if you skip the low-carb flour tortillas I ate with the eggs!)

The idea of eggs cooked in some kind of spicy sauce is what has inspired famous dishes like Shakshuka and Huevos Rancheros.  I could have been thinking something like that when this simple breakfast idea popped into my mind, but truthfully I think the recipe was most inspired by a jar of salsa verde that I stumbled across in the pantry. This was one of those "What can I make with ingredients I already have?" kind of experiments, and wow, did I love this easy breakfast.  I ate it with some low-carb tortillas to dip into the egg yolk, and savored every bite.

Click to continue reading