St. Patrick's Day Food Memories and Other Irish-Inspired Food I'm Thinking About (3-10-15)

Every month has it's own most-eaten foods, but in March I'm thinking about cabbage and St. Patrick's Day food!


St. Patrick's Day is only a week away, and if you like the idea of cooking corned beef to celebrate on March 17, there's a great collection of Slow Cooker Corned Beef From Food Bloggers
at my slow cooker site, including the delicious-looking Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Horseradish-Mustard Sauce (pictured above) from my friend Lydia.

My late father was partly Irish, and towards the end of his life I used to enjoy making an Irish-American dinner every year for St. Patrick's Day.  I say Irish-American, because for the most part the foods Americans eat on St. Patrick's Day aren't really Irish, did you know that?  But my dad certainly didn't care if the food was authentic, and he loved the corned beef dinners I'd make for him every year.

Not all my siblings love corned beef and other Irish-American foods the way my dad did, but this year it just so happens I'm going to have visiting family members in town on March 17, so I'm going to have a St. Patrick's dinner.  Of course I'll make my Corned Beef with Veggies and Horseradish Sauce, something I made every year for dad.

Now here are a few more Irish American Foods I'm thinking about this week . . . 

Click to continue reading