Healthier Hot Cross Buns, Egg Dishes for Easter, and other Things I'm Thinking About (3-31-15)

This post has Healthier Hot Cross Buns, Egg Dishes for Easter, and other Things I'm thinking about as we count down to Easter.

Photo  from Letty's Kitchen.

If you're even a casual reader of this blog, you're probably observant enough to realize that those Healthier Gingery Hot Cross Buns pictured above aren't low-carb and with my limited baking skills they certainly weren't baked by me.  But for anyone who does enjoy hot cross buns for Easter, this a healthier option for Easter bread, created by my friend and fellow Utah blogger Letty from Letty's Kitchen.

Letty was head pastry chef at Utah's swanky Deer Valley before she became a food blogger, and she used her years of experience making hot cross buns to come up with this version that uses white whole wheat flour instead of white flour and honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.  And the low-sugar frosting is made with cream cheese and the tiniest amount of maple syrup.

Or if you're sticking with lower-carb choices for Easter, you'll find plenty of options in my collection of Easter Recipes.

Here are more Easter food ideas and other Easter things I'm thinking about . . .

Click to continue reading