Ultra-Easy Double-Dill Diet Friendly Tartar Sauce Recipe (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)

Most tartar sauce is definitely not diet-friendly, which is why I came up with my Ultra-Easy Double-Dill Diet Friendly Tartar Sauce Recipe.


How do you feel about tartar sauce? I'm sure some food snobs consider it to be a very boring and ordinary condiment, but I absolutely love tartar sauce and don't think I'd ever pass it up in a restaurant if I was having some kind of mild-flavored fish.  Unfortunately, most tartar sauce is a long way from being diet friendly for South Beach or any other type of diet.  The reduced fat ones you buy at the grocery store are loaded with sugar, and most tartar sauce recipes are a bit too heavy on the mayo to be what most people would consider a healthy condiment.

But lately I've been really trying to eat more fish, which got me thinking about how much I love tartar sauce, so I decided to try to come up with a tasty tartar sauce recipe that didn't have sugar and was lower in fat. It took a bit of experimenting, but this Ultra-Easy Double-Dill Diet Friendly Tartar Sauce recipe combines fat-free Greek Yogurt, regular or reduced fat mayo, dill weed, capers, and dill pickle relish, and it's not only easy-to-make, it's as delicious as any tartar sauce I've ever tasted.

Click to continue reading